Who is the Dahon Mu P8 For?
The Dahon Mu P8 is the ultimate commuting bike from Dahon. It represents the best of the Dahon philosophy of creating a strong, light and durable bike. This bike is the best choice for a serious commuter. If you are looking for the best bike that you can get, that also looks good, then the Mu P8 is for you.
Where can I buy this Folding Bike?
This bike, along with the full Dahon range is available from many online retailers Due to their popularity its very hard to secure a discount on these bikes. The best option I have seen is Amazon, where the bike is available for a whisker under the RSP of $829.99.
If you do choose to buy from Amazon you will enjoy the two year Dahon Warranty on all parts.
What are the key features and benefits of the Mu P8?
The Mu P8 represents one of the top bikes in the Dahon range. So you can expect it to be fitted with some of the best equipement available. First the basics;
- The bike has a Neos 2.0, 8 Speed shifter, providing miles of smooth and reliable shifting
- When folded the dimensions are: 30 × 79 × 66 cm (11.7″ × 30.8″ × 25.7″) easy enough to take onboard a busy commuter train.
- Can be folded in less than 15 seconds, perfect for when you are in a hurry.
- Weight 11.2 kg (24.7 lbs)
- Recommended Rider Height 142 – 193 cm (4’8″ – 6’4″)Max. Rider Weight 105 kg (230 lbs)
Now some of the key features of the bike that really makes it stand apart from the crowd:
- Lightweight Tyres – specially designed for this bike. Minimising the weight on the rims of the wheels is one of the best places to reduce weight as it allows for faster acceleration, braking and steering.
- Light wight hubs, these alloy hubs will give years of trouble free service.
- Frame: Lattice filled aluminum for strength and minimal weight. This makes to bike easy to carry and strong enough to be ridden fast.
- Brakes: High powered v-brakes for great stopping power.
What do others say about the Dahon P8 Mu?
These are comments from previous buyers of the Mu P8 from Amazon:
I love it and wouldn’t trade it for a newer, high end, traditional bike
Words are simply not enough to describe how much my wife and I love these Dahon Mu P8’s
The Mu P8 is very well made!
Pros and Cons of the Mu P8:
Pros: This model is the peak of the Dahon range, and takes the engineering and quality to the next level. Its strong, light and will last years.
Cons: The only negative is the upfront price, however when you look at the specifications you defiantly get your moneys worth
To sum up this brief review, I would certainly recommend the Dahon Mu P8 for any commuter looking for an attractive stylish bike for commuting. The price is excellent (for the quality of bike) and it won’t let you down, backed as it is by the two year Dahon warranty.
To read more or buy now Click here to visit Amazon!